March 13, 2012
It’s that time of year again – time for legal marketers from all over the world to gather together to network, get inspired, and learn from each other. That’s right, it’s the Legal Marketing Association’s Annual Conference!
In between networking and meetings, I’ll be attending a number of conference sessions and sharing my reviews of them here. Here’s what my schedule looks like:
- First Timer’s Reception: It’s not my first LMA conference (in fact, it’s my seventh!), but I’ve been invited along with my friend, Nancy Myrland, to talk to some of the first timers about social media. I’m looking forward to seeing some new faces!
March 9, 2012
Last week, we experienced some technical difficulties while traveling in Asia for the ILN’s Asia Pacific Regional Meeting, so I was unable to bring you the roundup. We’re back this week, and I’m bringing you a quick top 10!
March 8, 2012
Today, we have another great recommendation from rainmaking expert, Jaimie Field: What you don’t say can speak volumes. Her advice reminds me of my all-time favorite quote – “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin
After an extremely long day with clients, I stopped by my local book store – it’s one of the ways I like to relax. Yes, while I have eBook readers, and the ability to download books onto every device in the world, I am a bit old fashioned. I love the feel of books, of turning pages, the actual smell. I even have a public library card that I still use.
February 24, 2012
Happy Friday all! I’m traveling in Europe, so you’re getting your weekly roundup of ILNToday content early this Friday! Without further ado, a top seven…
February 23, 2012
Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of co-presenting a webinar with Kevin O’Keefe on Blogging Basics. During the call, I mentioned a couple of blogs that I recommend, and I thought I’d share my full list here, as well as my notes about each!
- Corcoran’s Business of Law Blog: Tim’s blog makes me a better marketer, because he’s always making me think and challenging me to keep an open mind.
- The Legal Shakeup: Rebecca Wissler and Laura Gutierrez author this blog, which offers stories and advice from two rising stars in the legal marketing industry.
- Myrland Marketing: This is Nancy Myrland’s blog, where she offers marketing advice to the legal community, with a social media focus.
February 17, 2012
Without further ado, some of this week’s top content from ILNToday:
- A Tale of Two Trademark Appeals from Clark Wilson: In this post, Clark Wilson’s Larry Munn discusses two trademark appeals (as the title suggests!) – that of Clic International Inc. v. Convenience Food Industries (Private) Ltd., 2011 FC 1338 and David M. Locke v. Osler, Hoskin & Harbourt LLP, 2011 FC 1390.
- First Circuit Limits SOX Whistleblower Protection to Employees of Public Companies from Epstein Becker & Green: In another discussion of appeals, EBG’s Christina Fletcher talks about the US Court of Appeal for the First Circuit’s decision, which narrows the scope of SOX whistleblower protection to employees of public companies, and not employees of their contractors or subcontractors who are private companies.
February 15, 2012
Following up on our last Rainmaking Recommendation from expert Jaimie Field addressing the issues of why clients don’t come back, we have the next in the series – “Acknowledge me! ”
Reason #2 Why Client’s Don’t Come Back: You’re Unresponsive
In a continuation of the series on “Why Client’s don’t come back”, this Rainmaking Recommendation will address the number one reason why clients’ don’t come back – because you don’t respond to them.