February 12, 2013
Arguably worse than those commercials that are bad and ugly are those that are forgettable. If a commercial airs during the Superbowl and no one remembers it, does it make a sound? (A la, if a tree falls in the forest…)
There were definitely a few forgettable commercials during the Superbowl this year – so forgettable that I either don’t remember seeing them at all, or have only a vague recollection of them after seeing them included on the list of aired spots. Let’s look at a few, and in particular, how they could have been more memorable, and why law firms don’t want to fall into the same quagmire of forgettableness.
February 11, 2013
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Tom Carsten Troberg of our member firm, Okland & Co in Norway!
In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?
I work in a mid-size law firm, focusing on all aspects of Norwegian business law.
February 8, 2013
Nor’easter Nemo has started to hit the northeast this morning, and it promises to be a record-breaking storm. To everyone in its path, stay safe and warm!
Without further ado, here are this week’s top posts from ILNToday:
February 7, 2013
Now that we’ve looked at what lessons the good commercials had to offer us from the Superbowl, it’s time to look at the bad and the ugly – almost as much fun to review!
It took me a while to choose which commercials to include in this post because there were FAR too many on my list of bad and ugly. I’ve managed to narrow it down to ten, so let’s do a countdown!
February 6, 2013
Jaimie Field brings us another excellent rainmaking recommendation today, following her birthday on Monday (and yes, I was one of the five people who called her!).
Monday, February 4th was my birthday. I’m not saying this to get more birthday wishes.
In fact, I received:
- 183 wishes on Facebook – to which I responded individually to each person with a thank you,
- 5 birthday phone calls – 4 of them from my family members,
- 3 physical birthday cards (I remember when I used to get dozens) – one from my parents, one from a company I frequent with a discount to use, and one from a rainmaking coaching client with whom I work
- And one birthday text.
February 4, 2013
Yesterday’s post sparked some great conversations on social media with regard to what everyone thought about various commercials – in particular one that I’ve included in today’s “pretty good” category. It’s been great to hear legal marketers weigh in on these, so let’s keep the conversation going!
I’ve got five commercials on today’s “pretty good” list, and I’ll both go into why I like them, and why they don’t make it to the “really good” list.
February 4, 2013
When you’re not particularly enamored of either team in the Superbowl, and hockey is more your sport anyway, what’s a gal to do when football’s biggest game of the year is on? DVR it so I could watch just the commercials, of course! (And the Sandy Hook Chorus sing “America the Beautiful” – that was not to be missed).
Though after zipping through the game to catch this year’s ads, I was kind of wishing I’d skipped the whole thing all together – these are some of the most expensive ads to be purchased throughout the year, and for me, there were almost no standouts. Where have all the good marketers gone?
But, since I need to choose *some* good commercials to discuss, here are my top picks for this year – I’ll cover the “really good” today and the “pretty good,” the bad and the ugly later in the week.
February 1, 2013
It’s been quite a busy week here at the ILN, with our Executive Director and myself spending the earlier part of the week in London, preparing for our 25th Annual Meeting in May! Our attorneys have been busily producing content as well, and this week’s top posts include:
January 25, 2013
We’re at the end of another week here at the ILN, and it’s been an incredibly busy one! So without further ado, here are this week’s top three posts!
- HEALTH REFORM: Overview of Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules from Epstein Becker & Green: The much anticipated HIPAA rules were finally released on January 17th after a three year delay – in their latest alert, EBG summarizes the most important points.
- The rising tide of produced water from McDonald Hopkins: Oil & gas have been hot topics lately, and McDonald Hopkins latest alert gives us another reason to pay attention – fresh water is needed to enable oil and gas production, and using treated, recycled water produced by hydrofracking causes some interesting concerns.
- Equality is good for business from Miller Samuel: A recent survey shows that a large majority of UK employers are in favor of equality in the workplace. Miller Samuel delves into some of the survey’s highlights.