In 2016, the Department of Justice Antitrust Division and the Federal Trade Commission announced in its Antitrust Guidance for Human Resources Professionals that it intended to proceed criminally to enforce non-solicitation agreements between business competitors. In U.S. v. Surgical Care Affiliates and Scai Holdings, LLC (N.D. Tex. 2021), the DOJ finally carried through on that threat this year. Specifically, the DOJ filed its first-ever criminal indictment in federal district court, alleging that Surgical Care Affiliates, LLC (“SCA”) entered into an agreement with a competitor (“Company 1”) not to solicit each other’s senior-level employees, and that this agreement constituted an unlawful conspiracy in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act. Read more…
November 10-11, 2021ILN Virtual Conference
ILN Membership Events
November 2, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Hot Takes on Government Enforcement Trends Webinar
November 15, 2021Torres Law's "Best in Class" Trade Compliance Training Programs Webinar
ILN Partnership Events
November 2, 2021The Economist's 18th Annual General Counsel Summit Leonardo Royal Hotel, London
ILN Today Topics
- Asia Pacific
- Banking & Finance
- Business Development/Marketing
- Central America
- Corporate Law
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Estates & Trusts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- North America
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- South America
- ILN IP Insider
- ILN Podcasts
- Legal Updates
- Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Wait…Content Marketing Can Get Me…Clients??
- ILN Firm of the Month – LLPO Law Firm, Cyprus!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: May I have your permission?
- Can Using Business Development Effectively Give you a Competitive Edge?
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: The Four Ds of Rainmaking
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Pierre Hurt | Lutgen & Associés
- What’s YOUR Personal Best?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Andrey Zelenin | Lidings Law Firm