Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, researchers and reporters covering the legal profession regularly highlighted the trend of female lawyers leaving private practice. Although more than half of U.S. law school students are female, only one-third become practicing lawyers and less than 20 percent of those practicing lawyers earn equity partner status in private practice. In January 2020, Lori Mihalich-Levin’s Vault article, “Why Women Leave Law Firms,” reported “…the data make clear, experienced women lawyers bear a disproportionate brunt of responsibility for arranging for care, leaving work when needed by the child, children’s extracurricular activities, and evening and daytime childcare. Any one of these factors affects the time and effort expected for a successful law practice, and the combination competes all the more for a lawyer’s time.” Read more…
ILN Membership Events
May 19, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Employer Vaccination Plans and Protocols Webinar
May 27, 2021McDonald Hopkins' International Trade, Antitrust Issues & Strategies Webinar
ILN Today Topics
- Asia Pacific
- Banking & Finance
- Business Development/Marketing
- Central America
- Corporate Law
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Estates & Trusts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- North America
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- South America
- ILN IP Insider
- ILN Podcasts
- Legal Updates
- Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Relationships Matter
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: How Are You Doing?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Episode 31: Ron Norwood | Lewis Rice
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: 10 Ways to Meet Your Ideal Clients
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Tell Me Why!
- ILN Firm of the Month – A. & K. Metaxopoulos and Partners Law Firm, Greece!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: What is Too Much Information?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Episode 30: Mitch Karsch | Davis & Gilbert