As the majority of the United States legal community continues to work from home, many courts are proceeding with cases virtually. Hearings that would have required in person attendance are now being held telephonically or over videoconference, and depositions are expected to move forward over video or teleconference. But a virtual court appearance should not be treated any different than an in person court appearance. In a recent case, a judge in Florida admonished an attorney for appearing on a video conference in bed, showing the dangers of approaching virtual court differently than when physically present. Read more…
November 10-11, 2021ILN Virtual Conference
ILN Membership Events
November 2, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Hot Takes on Government Enforcement Trends Webinar
November 15, 2021Torres Law's "Best in Class" Trade Compliance Training Programs Webinar
ILN Partnership Events
November 2, 2021The Economist's 18th Annual General Counsel Summit Leonardo Royal Hotel, London
ILN Today Topics
- Asia Pacific
- Banking & Finance
- Business Development/Marketing
- Central America
- Corporate Law
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Estates & Trusts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- North America
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- South America
- ILN IP Insider
- ILN Podcasts
- Legal Updates
- Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Wait…Content Marketing Can Get Me…Clients??
- ILN Firm of the Month – LLPO Law Firm, Cyprus!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: May I have your permission?
- Can Using Business Development Effectively Give you a Competitive Edge?
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: The Four Ds of Rainmaking
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Pierre Hurt | Lutgen & Associés
- What’s YOUR Personal Best?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Andrey Zelenin | Lidings Law Firm