Over the past few years, cities have enacted laws to mandate the default drink sold with kids’ meals and only give plastic straws to consumers upon request. In September 2018, when then-Governor Jerry Brown signed SB 1192 and AB 1884 into law, California became the first state to enact these types of measures statewide. In the current legislative session, other states are following suit and proposing statewide legislation to mandate certain default drinks for kids’ meals and to ban or limit single-use plastic straws. Most of these laws define a “single-use plastic straw” as a straw predominantly made of plastic derived from either petroleum or a biologically based polymer that is designed to be used once. The following is a brief summary of the enacted and proposed laws.
ILN Membership Events
June 24, 2021Davis+Gilbert's Workplace Re-Openings and Non-COVID Updates Webinar
June 24, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Innovation as the Driving Force for Successful Startups Webinar
June 29, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Healthcare M&A Deal Process & Key Transaction Legal Issues Webinar
ILN Today Topics
- Asia Pacific
- Banking & Finance
- Business Development/Marketing
- Central America
- Corporate Law
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Estates & Trusts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- North America
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- South America
- ILN IP Insider
- ILN Podcasts
- Legal Updates
- Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: A Deeper Dive Into Rainmaking Tactics (Part 1- Goals)
- ILN Firm of the Month – Kalus Kenny Intelex, Australia!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: A Listicle of 22 Different Tactics to Use for Rainmaking Success
- What are you Building if you Don’t Show up?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Episode 33: Heinan Landa and David Campbell | Optimal Networks
- 5 Quick Tips to Build Better Business Relationships
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Remote or In-Office: Does it matter for Rainmaking?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Episode 32: Antonello Corrado | EXPLegal – Italian and International Law Firm