After facing unexpected resistance, Amazon made a shocking announcement that it would abandon its plans for a second headquarters in Long Island City. Politicians, lawmakers, union leaders, and members of the surrounding community starkly opposed Amazon’s HQ2, citing a number of concerns including the nearly $3 billion in tax incentives that had been promised to Amazon.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Tue, 21 May, 2019
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Arthur Li of our member firm Lee and Li in Taiwan, China. In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?...… Continue Reading
November 14-17, 2019ILN Americas Regional Conference hosted by Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth
Newport Beach, California
March 26-29, 2020ILN 32nd Annual Conference hosted by Salloum & Partners L.L.C. Abu Dhabi, UAE
ILN Membership EventsNovember 5, 2019McDonald Hopkins' Aging parents: What you need to know Cleveland, Ohio
ILN Partnership Events
November 4-5, 2019IP Law Europe Summit Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London, UK
November 7, 2019The Economist's General Counsel Conference London
November 7, 2019Diversity & Flexibility Alliance 2019 Annual Conference Washington, DC
November 13-15, 201913th Anti-Corruption Compliance in China Summit 2019 Beijing, China
March 8-10, 2020IP Law Summit Miami, Florida
March 8-10, 2020Chief Litigation Officer Summit Miami, Florida
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Combining Your Passion with Relationship Development
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Parkinson’s Law and Rainmaking
- Lawyers: Can you Build Relationships with Data?
- International Lawyers Network Welcomes a New Member Firm in Ecuador
- Building Relationships: Connection Through Storytelling
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Follow Up For Success Revisited
- ILN Firm of the Month – Burton Partners, New Zealand!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Tick Tock