‘Practical Completion’ (PC) plays an important role on construction projects, often signifying the release of retention monies, ending the contractor’s liability for liquidated damages, commencing the defects liability period and passing possession of the works to the employer. The term is almost universally used in the construction industry, yet, despite its significance, is not legally defined and is readily left undefined in building contracts. What then does the term PC actually mean? This question was recently considered in Mears v Costplan.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Tue, 21 May, 2019
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Arthur Li of our member firm Lee and Li in Taiwan, China. In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?...… Continue Reading
October 3-6, 2019ILN European Regional Conference hosted by Reinhart Marville Torre
November 14-17, 2019ILN Americas Regional Conference hosted by Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth Newport Beach, California
March 26-29, 2020ILN 32nd Annual Conference hosted by Salloum & Partners L.L.C. Abu Dhabi, UAE
ILN Membership Events
August 7, 2019
Davis & Gilbert
Davis & Gilbert Counsel 2U®: Marketing & Advertising Seminar The Regulators – FTC, State AG, Local and NAD – What’s New and What’s Next
Davis & Gilbert, New York
ILN Partnership Events
September 17-18, 2019Corporate Counsel & Compliance Exchange Berlin
October 22-23, 2019Momentum's dLaw Disruptive Innovations in Legal Services New York
November 4-5, 2019IP Law Europe Summit Chelsea Harbour Hotel, London, UK
November 7, 2019The Economist's General Counsel Conference London
November 13-15, 201913th Anti-Corruption Compliance in China Summit 2019 Beijing, China
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Recommendations, Reviews, and Testimonials (Part 2): How to Get More
- International Lawyers Network Welcomes New Member in India
- Corporate Social Responsibility for Law Firms: Understanding the Global Movement
- ILN Firm of the Month – Lee and Li, Attorneys-at-Law, Taiwan!
- Lawyers: What’s the One Thing that Makes Clients Care About Your Content?
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Recommendations, Reviews, and Testimonials (Part 1): What’s the difference?
- Why Does Relationship Marketing Matter to Lawyers?
- Overcoming the Barriers to Collaboration