The Supreme Court of Utah gave taxpayers a sweet victory recently in Utah State Tax Commission v. See’s Candies. In See’s Candies, the Utah State Tax Commission challenged an arrangement between two wholly owned subsidiaries of Berkshire Hathaway that provided Utah corporate franchise tax benefits. The Utah Supreme Court, however, ultimately ruled in favor of the taxpayer, See’s Candies.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Tue, 21 May, 2019
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Arthur Li of our member firm Lee and Li in Taiwan, China. In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?...… Continue Reading
May 30 - June 2, 2019ILN 31st Annual Conference hosted by Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato
October 3-6, 2019ILN European Regional Conference hosted by Reinhart Marville Torre Paris, France
ILN Membership Events
May 22, 29, 2019Hall & Wilcox Beyond compliance: moving beyond #metoo to building respectful and inclusive workplace cultures Perth, Brisbane, Australia
June 6, 2019
Epstein Becker & Green
June 6, 13, 27, July 3, 4, 2019
Hall & Wilcox
June 10, 2019Epstein Becker & Green's Preventing & Remediating Trade Secret Misappropriation by Disloyal EmployeesWebinar
ILN Partnership Events
May 23, 2019Chatham House Competition Policy Conference Chatham House, London
May 28-29, 2019Customer Privacy & Data Protection Asia SummitSingapore
June 6, 2019GLG Cross-Border Fintech: Regulation and the Law 2019 Sofitel St. James, London
June 18, 2019GLG CDR's Life Sciences Litigation Symposium 2019 Sofitel St. James, London
June 19-21, 2019Machine Learning in Legal London
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Lawyers: What Makes You Worth Talking About?
- ILN-terviews: Arthur Li, Lee and Li
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Using Social Listening/Monitoring to Build Your Book of Business – Part 1
- ILN Firm of the Month – Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato, Milan, Italy!
- What Does it Mean to Develop Your Personal Brand?
- You Can’t Delegate Relationship Development – Lessons From Taylor Swift
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Are you Glossophobic?
- Channel Your Inner Taylor Swift & Connect to Your Clients