The breach notification provisions of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) went into effect Nov. 1, 2018. PIPEDA places requirements and restrictions on an entity’s collection and use of “personal information,” defined as information about an identifiable individual, in the course of a commercial activity. All organizations that collect and use personal information belonging to Canadians must comply with PIPEDA’s requirements. This includes consumer/customer data, as well as employee data. The law has been in force since 2001 and was amended in 2015 to include breach notification requirements, though the 2015 breach notification amendments made as a result of the Digital Privacy Act were not immediately effective. Those amendments are now effective.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Fri, 03 Aug, 2018
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Alishan Naqvee of our member firm LexCounsel Law Offices in New Delhi, India. In one sentence, how would you describe your...… Continue Reading
November 15-18, 2018ILN Regional Conference of the Americas hosted by Howard & Howard
May 30 - June 2, 2019ILN 31st Annual Conference hosted by Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato Milan, Italy
ILN Events & Webinars
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018McDonald Hopkins LLC "Employee benefits challenges and opportunities — Before year end and beyond
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
November 14, 2018Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC "Qualified Opportunity Zones Webinar " Online
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- ILN Firm of the Month – Howard & Howard, Las Vegas!
- Referrals and First Impressions: How Technology Has Changed Them
- Three Truths About Innovating for Radical Success
- Lawyers: Put the Kibosh on Random Acts of Business Development TODAY
- 3 Tips to Raise the Level of Your Business Writing
- ILN Firm of the Month – Antis Triantafyllides & Sons LLC, Cyprus!
- International Lawyers Network Welcomes New Member Firm in Mexico
- Fifth Release – ‘Establishing a Business Entity: An International Guide’