When investing trust funds, trustees of a Delaware trust must abide by a statutory “prudent person” standard (unless expressly released from doing so in the trust instrument) that requires the trustee to act with “the care, skill, prudence and diligence under the circumstances then prevailing that a prudent person acting in a like capacity and familiar with such matters would use to attain the purpose of the account.” When investing as a prudent person, a trustee may take into account certain circumstances, including the tax consequences of a transaction, the overall health of the economy, and the investment horizon of the beneficiaries of the trust. The 2018 Trust Act added to the list of circumstances a trustee may consider “the beneficiaries’ personal values, including the beneficiaries’ desire to engage in sustainable investing strategies that align with the beneficiaries’ social, environmental, governance or other values or beliefs of the beneficiaries.”
By Lindsay Griffiths on Fri, 03 Aug, 2018
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Alishan Naqvee of our member firm LexCounsel Law Offices in New Delhi, India. In one sentence, how would you describe your...… Continue Reading
November 15-18, 2018ILN Regional Conference of the Americas hosted by Howard & Howard
May 30 - June 2, 2019ILN 31st Annual Conference hosted by Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato Milan, Italy
ILN Events & Webinars
- December 7, 2018Connolly Gallagher "Connolly Gallagher Partners, Durante & Swenson Present at 2018 Delaware Tax Institute"
Widener University Delaware Law School, Wilmington
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- ILN Firm of the Month – Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld, Pennsylvania!
- ILN Announces Third Edition of “Buying & Selling Real Estate: An International Guide”
- Lawyers: Collaboration Drives Your Success. Here’s How to Do it
- 4 Tasks to Improve Your Business Communication Skills
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Change
- ILN Firm of the Month – Howard & Howard, Las Vegas!
- Referrals and First Impressions: How Technology Has Changed Them
- Three Truths About Innovating for Radical Success