International and cross border crimes pose a unique challenge with regard to detection, arrest, extradition and trial. With the syndicated crimes including crimes by terrorist and drug cartels as well as individual criminal offences on the rise, it has become increasingly important for every country to define its rights and obligations in combating international crime and to lay down the due process of law in seeking arrest, interrogation, surrender and transfer of suspected individuals and eventual trial and conviction. Towards this goal, most countries have adopted extensive extradition framework. In the recent past India has also suffered setbacks with many fugitives leaving India to avoid criminal prosecution (Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Vijay Mallya to name a few) and this article seeks to address the principles of Indian extradition laws with regard to arrest and transfer of fugitives from abroad.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Fri, 03 Aug, 2018
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Alishan Naqvee of our member firm LexCounsel Law Offices in New Delhi, India. In one sentence, how would you describe your...… Continue Reading
September 20-23, 2018ILN European Regional Conference hosted by Acumum Legal & Advisory
November 15-18, 2018ILN Regional Conference of the Americas hosted by Howard & Howard Las Vegas
ILN Events & Webinars
August 1 & 2, 2018Hall & Wilcox Financial Services breakfast briefing Sydney & Melbourne
ILN Partnership Events
September 27, 2018Diversity + Flexibility = Embracing Change
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- ILN Firm of the Month – LexCounsel Law Offices, India!
- Addressing Barriers to Change in Your Firm: People
- Future Law Firms: The Perfect Marriage of Technology and People
- ILN-terviews: Alishan Naqvee, LexCounsel Law Offices
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: So, Tell Me What You Want; What You Really, Really Want
- How to be a Change Leader in Your Law Firm
- Law Firm Leaders: Time to Address Data Poverty
- ILN Firm of the Month – MGRA & Associados, Portugal!