On February 21, 2018, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit issued an opinion upholding protections for union “salting” campaigns under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). A “salting” campaign involves union members’ recruiting potential members by applying for and accepting jobs at non-union work sites. In Aerotek Inc. v. National Labor Relations Board, four organizers of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union (IBEW) applied for placement with Aerotek, Inc., a nationwide staffing agency based out of Omaha, Nebraska. The organizers planned to recruit members from Aerotek’s non-union job sites. Aerotek ignored and ultimately did not place any of the organizers. Upholding the decision of the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) determined that Aerotek’s refusal to place the union organizers violated the NLRA.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Fri, 03 Aug, 2018
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Alishan Naqvee of our member firm LexCounsel Law Offices in New Delhi, India. In one sentence, how would you describe your...… Continue Reading
November 15-18, 2018ILN Regional Conference of the Americas hosted by Howard & Howard
May 30 - June 2, 2019ILN 31st Annual Conference hosted by Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato Milan, Italy
ILN Events & Webinars
- December 7, 2018Connolly Gallagher "Connolly Gallagher Partners, Durante & Swenson Present at 2018 Delaware Tax Institute"
Widener University Delaware Law School, Wilmington
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- ILN Firm of the Month – Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld, Pennsylvania!
- ILN Announces Third Edition of “Buying & Selling Real Estate: An International Guide”
- Lawyers: Collaboration Drives Your Success. Here’s How to Do it
- 4 Tasks to Improve Your Business Communication Skills
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Change
- ILN Firm of the Month – Howard & Howard, Las Vegas!
- Referrals and First Impressions: How Technology Has Changed Them
- Three Truths About Innovating for Radical Success