On 1 February 2017, a new version of the Law on Competition, which implements the Damages Directive of the European Union, also adjusts some other provisions of the Law, will come into effect. Though legal acts provided for the right of persons, who were victims of infringements of the competition law, to claim damages for a long time already, but until now national legal acts had no special provisions, which would regulate examination of such cases in more detail. New provisions of the Law will, first of all, ease the claimants’ situation, also, they will give certain guidelines to courts. It is probable that more detailed and clearer special legal regulation will result in a bigger number of actions where damages caused by infringements of the competition law would be claimed.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Tue, 21 May, 2019
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Arthur Li of our member firm Lee and Li in Taiwan, China. In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?...… Continue Reading
March 26-29, 2020ILN 32nd Annual Conference hosted by Salloum & Partners L.L.C.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
ILN Membership EventsFebruary 13, 2020Epstein Becker & Green Are Robots Better Than People? The Legal, Business and Societal Impacts of AI & Automation on Recruiting and Hiring New York
ILN Partnership Events
March 8-10, 2020IP Law Summit Miami, Florida
March 8-10, 2020Chief Litigation Officer Summit Miami, Florida
March 11, 2020WorldECR Israel’s export controls: what you need to know Webinar
March 25-26, 2020Women in Compliance Conference London
March 26, 2020Women in Compliance Awards London
March 26-27, 20208th Anti-Corruption Compliance Asia Pacific Summit 2020 Singapore
April 1-2, 20204th Advanced Conference on Anti-Corruption Switzerland Zurich
April 20-21, 202014th Annual Anti-Corruption in China Summit Shanghai
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Stop the Insanity!
- Two Steps to Create the WOW Factor in Your Relationships
- ILN Firm of the Month – UdinkSchepel, the Netherlands!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: It’s About Them!
- Fixing the Two Biggest Networking Blunders that Lawyers Make
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: 10 Best Networking Practices for Networking Events
- Four Tips to Recover from Networking Burn Out
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Do You “NO” Why You’re Not a Rainmaker?