The Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP), Greater Vancouver Area Chapter has launched their BC Executor’s Guide to Probate and Estate Administration. This guide is prepared as a resource for the Executor of an estate where a charity is a beneficiary of a gift under a Will. It was produced with the assistance of Raman Johal of Clark Wilson LLP and is sponsored by the CAGP Greater Vancouver Area Chapter as part of its LEAVE A LEGACY™ initiative in British Columbia. To order this guide, click here.
Monthly Archives: September 2016
Den 30. august 2016 offentliggjorde regeringen sin plan, som skal løse fremtidens udfordringer for dansk økonomi frem til 2025.
As we head into fall now, and the final week of September, we bring you a strong roundup from around the Network on ILNToday!
- New Improved Criteria for Citizenship by Exemption from Antis Triantafyllides & Sons (Cyprus)
- ILN IP Insider: SMOKE SIGNALS FROM SPECIMEN OF USE SUPPORT REGISTRATION REFUSAL FOR “HERB” SALES DESCRIBED IN APPLICATION from Arnstein & Lehr (US)
- Dress Codes at Work: increasingly relaxed or more contentious than ever? from Fladgate (England)
- Twenty-One States Allege the New White Collar Salary Thresholds are Unlawful from Epstein Becker Green (US)
- Russian Federal tax service issued a review of court practice on registration of legal entities from Lidings Law Firm (Russia)
- How to follow USCIS policy when investor is a minor from Arnstein & Lehr (US)
- The surrogacy debate in India from LexCounsel Law Offices (India)
Work dress codes appear, to this writer at least, to be somewhat more relaxed today than was the case 20 years ago, or even as recently as five years ago, when Swiss financial services giant UBS was widely ridiculed for having issued to staff a dress code 44 pages long. This more relaxed approach may be down to a variety of factors, such as a greater tolerance of personal expression, the blurring of boundaries between home and work in these days of “agile working”, and/or the example set by high profile hoodie/T-shirt-wearing dot.com billionaires.
And yet, work dress codes have been much in the news this year.
Recent board moves have reignited the discussion in relation to the composition of luxury fashion brand boards. In June of this year, Alexander Wang, Creative Director of the eponymous label he launched in 2005, added the roles of Chief Executive and Chairman to his list of responsibilities. Meanwhile, just a few weeks later, Burberry moved in the opposite direction, when it announced that Christopher Bailey, its Chief Executive Officer, was to hand over control of the company’s day-to-day management as part of a board overhaul prompted by criticism from investors. Luxury goods veteran Marco Gobbetti is to take over from Bailey as Chief Executive, whilst Bailey will become President, alongside his existing role of Chief Creative Officer.
The Federal tax service (hereinafter – the “FNS”) in its letter1 dated 04 July 2016 analyzed court cases related to the activities of registering bodies (hereinafter – the “Review”). This time FNS focused on the issues of proper introduction of various records pertaining to legal entities’ corporate status in the state register of legal entities (hereinafter – the “EGRUL”).
Key issues the FNS draws attention, confirming its position with conclusions in the case law, can be summarized as follows:
- For the purposes of making amendments to EGRUL with regards to withdrawal of a company member from the company, it is improper to indicate in the application (under form Р14001) “entering record on new participant” as a reason of entering changes. Entering record on termination of former participant is required instead, as well as filling in, among others, page “З” featuring data on the amount of shares, belonging to the company, in the company’s charter capital.
“The parents construct the child biologically, while the child constructs the parents socially.”
Law Commission of India, Report No. 228, August 2009
Surrogacy, understood universally, as also defined in the Indian National Guidelines for regulation of IVF clinics (“National Guidelines”), means:
“an arrangement in which a woman agrees to carry a pregnancy that is genetically unrelated to her and her husband, with the intention to carry it to term and hand over the child to the genetic parents for whom she is acting as a surrogate”.
Köln, 20. September 2016. Heute fand die Gläubigerversammlung der Pohland Herrenkleidung GmbH & Co KG statt. Die Gläubigerversammlung unterstützt das Insolvenzplanvorhaben. Die Unternehmensfortführung läuft wie geplant.
„Wir sind sehr zufrieden mit dem Verlauf der Gläubigerversammlung“, sagt Rechtsanwältin Dr. Bettina E. Breitenbücher von der bundesweit tätigen Kanzlei KÜBLER, die Pohland mit ihrem Team beratend zur Seite steht. „Die Gläubiger unterstützen das Insolvenzplanverfahren, was für den erfolgreichen Verlauf des Insolvenzverfahrens unabdingbar ist.“
Buying a property is often the biggest investment a person will make in their lifetime. It therefore stands to reason that people want to ensure that their investment is protected. The recent case of Haque v Rajaprovides a reminder that, if you don’t appear on the title of a registered property that you’ve contributed to and you don’t live in it as well, you must protect your interest.Ownership of a property may be divided into the ‘legal’ ownership and the ‘beneficial’ ownership. The legal owner is the person (or persons) recorded as owning the title of the property at the Land Registry (most properties are registered these days), while the beneficial owner is the person (or persons) having the benefit of the property. While often the same people have both the legal and beneficial ownership, there may be circumstances where the position is less straightforward.