I’m back from my trip around the world, including our 2013 Asia Pacific Regional Meeting (for photos, check our our Facebook page here). It’s great to be back in the office, and back to writing the roundup!
- New I-9 form required for all new hires from McDonald Hopkins: McDonald Hopkins provides a link to the new I-9 form required for new hires, with a short description in their latest post.
- Group Resignation Strategy: Schwab Case In Point from Epstein Becker & Green: The ILN’s Chairman, Peter Altieri, weighs in on the Schwab case, and the risks of employees leaving over time, versus departing all at once.
- Business Property Relief: “the small print” from Fladgate LLP: Fladgate’s Helena Luckhurst, whom I had the pleasure of speaking with during a conference call this week with our Trusts & Estates group, discusses the fine print for UK tax relief.
- Brand Mascots Come to Life on Social Media from Davis & Gilbert: Ron Urbach discusses companies’ use of their brand mascots as their “voice” on social media.
- HEALTH REFORM: HIPAA Omnibus Rule’s Impact on Notices of Privacy Practices from Epstein Becker & Green: EBG summarizes the key changes to the Notices of Privacy Practices for HIPAA in their latest alert.