In most state court receivership cases, the order appointing the receiver includes the procedures for the compensation of the receiver and reimbursement of his or her expenses, including the fees and expenses of professionals retained by the receiver. A recent case decided by the Eighth District Court of Appeals of Ohio on November 8, 2012, Dyczkiewycz v. Tremont Ridge Phase 1 Ltd., 2012-Ohio 5173, highlights certain uncertainties in Ohio’s receivership laws in situations where (i) the order appointing receiver does not specifically obligate one or more creditor parties to pay the allowed fees and expenses of a receiver, and (ii) the receivership estate does not have sufficient funds to pay the receiver’s fees and expenses in full after payment of secured obligations.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Tue, 21 May, 2019
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose ILN member, Arthur Li of our member firm Lee and Li in Taiwan, China. In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?...… Continue Reading
March 26-29, 2020ILN 32nd Annual Conference hosted by Salloum & Partners L.L.C.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
ILN Membership EventsDecember 5, 2019McDonald Hopkins' Leaders in Education: Lunch with Alan Rosskamm, CEO of Breakthrough Schools Cleveland, Ohio
ILN Partnership Events
March 8-10, 2020IP Law Summit Miami, Florida
March 8-10, 2020Chief Litigation Officer Summit Miami, Florida
March 26-27, 20208th Anti-Corruption Compliance Asia Pacific Summit 2020 Singapore
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- 13 Best Practices for Attending Conferences
- MISSING: Business Development Motivation. 4 Tips to Find it this December!
- Three Easy Ways to Follow Up After a Networking Event
- Sixth Release – ‘Establishing a Business Entity: An International Guide’
- International Lawyers Network Welcomes a New Member Firm in China
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: The Benefits of Gratitude on Business Development
- Building Relationships – It’s about the Little Things
- ILN Firm of the Month – Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth, Southern California!