The fourth business conference AN ESTONIAN-FINNISH ECONOMIC UNION? took place on 2 March 2012 organized by TARK GRUNTE SUTKIENE daily Postimees and business news portal E24.
Finland is the country Estonia has the closest economic ties with. It is the largest trading partner, source of foreign investment and foreign labour market for Estonia. We are both tiny on the world scale; yet, we serve as positive examples in several respects. Our shared values and close geographic location make it possible for us to jointly accomplish more than either of us would be able to achieve alone.
CEO and President of Estonian Air, Mr Tero Taskila, introduced Estonian Air’s Finnish strategy at the conference.
Other speakers at the conference:
- Aare Tark, TARK GRUNTE SUTKIENE Managing Partner for the Baltics OPENING REMARKS
- Erik Terk, Head of the Estonian Institute for Futures Studies ESTONIA AND FINLAND: TOWARDS ECONOMIC INTEGRATION, JOINT POLICIES AND MORE SIMILAR SOCIAL MODELS
- Urmas Paet, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Estonia THE PRIORITIES OF ESTONIAN FOREIGN ECONOMIC POLICY; THE NORDIC COUNTRIES AND ESTONIA
- Alexander Stubb, Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade of Finland FINLAND, ESTONIA, EUROPE AND THE WORLD ECONOMY – THE WAY OUT OF THE CRISIS
- Andres Allikmäe, CEO of AS Harju Elekter MY FINNISH STORY
- Andres Metspalu, Professor and Director of the Estonian Genome Center ESTONIANS AND FINNS – TWO DROPS IN THE EUROPEAN GENE POOL