On 3 March 2012 the Russian Government adopted Resolution No. 183 (hereafter – “Resolution”). The Resolution slightly amends procedure of state registration of contracts under which exclusive rights are transferred, as well as state registration of exclusive rights transfer without contract, which is stipulated by the Russian Government Resolution dated 24 December 2008 No. 1020. Those amendments are triggered by the development of inter-state bodies cooperation.
In particular, a document which confirms the payment of state duty, is excluded from the list of necessary documents submitted to the Federal Intellectual Property Service (now it is the precise name of this state authority). Thus, a document confirming the payment of state duty is not submitted for:
- state registration of contracts, amendments to their substantial conditions, termination of contracts;
- state registration of unilateral termination of contracts;
- state registration of exclusive rights transfer without contract.
This amendment is explained by the fact that now it is the Federal Treasury which will provide such information pursuant to the request of the Federal Intellectual Property Service.
Besides it, clarifications are made to the registration of exclusive rights transfer without contract as result of a legal entity’s reorganization:
- an applicant is entitled to attach an extract from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities;
- if an applicant did not attach such an extract, then the Federal Intellectual Property Service files a request with the Federal Tax Service in order to obtain the data on changes to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities, made in relation with reorganization of a legal entity.