Talent Selection, Emotional Intelligence… and How to Deal with the Under Performers
By McDonald Hopkins News
on August 17th, 2011
Talent Selection, Emotional Intelligence… and How to Deal with the Under Performers (Northeast Ohio)
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Businesses today are challenged to find better ways to secure the right talent for success. But what talent does a job require for superior performance? And what do you do about non-performers?
Join other busy professionals to explore the key issues that interfere with the hiring of superior performers.
- How emotional intelligence (EQ) is the difference maker for success
- A high level evaluative process to expose the behaviors, motivators, thinking, achieving, and relating skills of a job
- The importance of establishing core job values and essential functions of the job
- How to effectively document and counsel under performers
- How to protect your organization from costly litigation
- How to let the job talk – Why our personal biases keep most people from hearing the job
- Why do we tend to hire for skills and fire for attitude
- Why failure to use assessments as part of your hiring or screening process limits your ability to accurately select superior performers
600 Superior Avenue, East
Cleveland, OH 44114
There are several road closures in Downtown Cleveland due to the filming of movie, The Avengers. East 9th between Prospect and Euclid is closed. Please use Ontario to Superior if coming from I-71, I-90 or I-77.
McDonald Hopkins LLC