For the last week or so, the health reform public policy debate has been keyed to the Senate HELP Committee’s draft and thus dominated by whether or not the “Exchange” to be employed in access reform should include a “public plan” and, if so, whether such a plan should have the power to access provider payment rates tied to Medicare and whether Medicare participating providers would be required to contract with it. With this week’s release of the Senate Finance Committee’s draft, it will be interesting to see whether payment reform can similarly capture the attention of the press. Frankly, we have low expectations in this regard insofar as the consequences that the prevalence of fee for service payment methodologies have on health care output are hard to grasp relative to the easier concept of “universal coverage”. Perhaps it is ultimately less important that payment reform capture the air waves than the degree to which payment reform is incorporated in whatever pieces of health reform make it through this session of Congress.
Connect with ILN
Firm of the Month
ILN Members Twitter Feed
By Lindsay Griffiths on Fri, 03 Aug, 2018
May 30 - June 2, 2019ILN 31st Annual Conference hosted by Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato
ILN Events & Webinars
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Attracting and retaining talent in a millennial world hosted by McDonald Hopkins Fifth Third Center, 600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100 Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Friday, March 22, 2019
Business Immigration Law Seminar by Cleaver Fulton RankinCleaver Fulton Rankin, 50 Bedford Street, Belfast BT2 7FW
ILN Partnership Events
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Are Your Networking Efforts Wasted?
- ILN Firm of the Month – Ogden Murphy Wallace, Seattle!
- Authenticity: Sounds Like a Buzzword, but Key to Successful Networking in Legal
- Rainmaking Recommendation with Jaimie Field: Social Media Marketing v. Social Media Networking
- Key Factors for Achieving Change in the Legal Industry
- Happy 10th Blogiversary to Zen & the Art of Legal Networking!
- Rainmaking Recommendation: You Can’t Outsource Relationships
- Five Legal Industry Trends to Watch