For the last week or so, the health reform public policy debate has been keyed to the Senate HELP Committee’s draft and thus dominated by whether or not the “Exchange” to be employed in access reform should include a “public plan” and, if so, whether such a plan should have the power to access provider payment rates tied to Medicare and whether Medicare participating providers would be required to contract with it. With this week’s release of the Senate Finance Committee’s draft, it will be interesting to see whether payment reform can similarly capture the attention of the press. Frankly, we have low expectations in this regard insofar as the consequences that the prevalence of fee for service payment methodologies have on health care output are hard to grasp relative to the easier concept of “universal coverage”. Perhaps it is ultimately less important that payment reform capture the air waves than the degree to which payment reform is incorporated in whatever pieces of health reform make it through this session of Congress.
Connect with ILN
Firm of the Month
LLPO Law Firm was established at the end of 1999 as the result of two existing law firms merging together. The result of the merger was the creation of one of the first law firms in Cyprus to be founded on the equal partnership model. At the beginning of 2006, LLPO initiated the formal internationalization of its services, launching representative offices in Athens, London, and Bucharest. More…
ILN Members Twitter Feed
November 10-11, 2021ILN Virtual Conference
ILN Membership Events
November 2, 2021McDonald Hopkins' Hot Takes on Government Enforcement Trends Webinar
November 15, 2021Torres Law's "Best in Class" Trade Compliance Training Programs Webinar
ILN Partnership Events
November 2, 2021The Economist's 18th Annual General Counsel Summit Leonardo Royal Hotel, London
ILN Today Topics
- Asia Pacific
- Banking & Finance
- Business Development/Marketing
- Central America
- Corporate Law
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Estates & Trusts
- Intellectual Property
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- North America
- Public Law
- Real Estate
- South America
- ILN IP Insider
- ILN Podcasts
- Legal Updates
- Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Wait…Content Marketing Can Get Me…Clients??
- ILN Firm of the Month – LLPO Law Firm, Cyprus!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: May I have your permission?
- Can Using Business Development Effectively Give you a Competitive Edge?
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: The Four Ds of Rainmaking
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Pierre Hurt | Lutgen & Associés
- What’s YOUR Personal Best?
- Law Firm ILN-telligence Podcast | Andrey Zelenin | Lidings Law Firm