Some of the ILN’s greatest success stories are seen when multiple member firms coordinate and collaborate to service each others’ clients. The most recent example of this occurred when the ILN’s member in Missouri, Lewis, Rice & Fingersh, L.C. required a consultation with a number of Latin American jurisdictions regarding privacy laws. Together with Alan Griffiths, the ILN’s Executive Director, Luis Lavalle Moreno of Martinez, Algaba, De Haro, Curiel y Galvan-Duque, S.C. of Mexico spearheaded the effort.
Zen & the Art of Legal Networking
It’s the first Wednesday of the month, so you know what that means…a rainmaking recommendation from rainmaking coach and expert Jaimie Field! Jaimie posted her 100th rainmaking post today – congratulations! – and it’s a great one on getting us back to basics.
Wow! 100 Rainmaking Recommendations! Thank you for being a part of this journey and here’s to many more.
Well, August is finally here – this gal loves the cooler temps of the fall, pumpkin spiced lattes, sweaters, and falling leaves, so August is not my favorite month. But it’s a good one to take advantage of. A LOT of people take their vacations in August – and for those of us with a lot of European clients, August can be a pretty quiet month if you’re stuck sitting at your desk.
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we’re continuing our Instagram video series!
In one sentence, how would you describe your practice?
August is here already, and that means September is around the corner – fall is coming! It looks like we’re in for some storms on the east coast this weekend, so before building your ark, take a look through this week’s top posts!
- BIG MAC ATTACK : NLRB General Counsel Argues Franchisees and McDonald’s Are Joint Employers from Epstein Becker & Green
- Ohio Supreme Court Ruling simplifies contract drafting, negotiation, and enforcement from McDonald Hopkins
- Supreme Court Rules Early Dismissal of Cases Beneficial from Fogler, Rubinoff
- Notice of resignation or immediate termination from Robinson Sheppard Shapiro
- Recent court decision on tiered dispute resolution clauses from Fladgate
This afternoon, I was reading an article on four suggestions for rules to follow when networking internationally. The tips are good ones (and we’ll go into more on them in a moment), but it occurred to me as I was reading that they’re actually quite good tips for all types of networking – whether you’re meeting people from other cultures, or just two blocks away.
It’s actually a fabulously beautiful day here in New Jersey – temperatures are low and so is the humidity. Perfect! It makes me hopeful that fall isn’t far away!
Before you head out for the weekend, take a moment to check out this week’s top posts on ILNToday:
- AN ECONOMIC BLUEPRINT FROM A FRESHLY MINTED GOVERNMENT from Singhania & Co., India
- Cascadas: Citigroup Global Market presenta recurso ante Corte para que SVS cierre su procedimiento sancionario from Aninat Schwencke & Cia, Chile
- Hirst’s Bombay Mix-up from Fladgate LLP, England
- THE NEW ILLINOIS JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ACT (TUESDAY, JULY 22, 2014) from Howard & Howard, Michigan
- The majority shareholder falls out of control from Jalsovszky Law Firm, Hungary
After two weeks off, I’m thinking about how to boost your creativity on this two for Tuesday. The lawyers among you may be wondering how that applies to you, if at all, but there’s room for creativity in all professions. When we take the time to refresh, let different ideas in, and open our minds, sometimes the answers to critical problems can make themselves clear much more easily.