As promised, the South Carolina legislature overrode Gov. Henry McMaster’s veto and passed H3516, the Infrastructure and Economic Development Reform Act, 32 to 12. Thus, effective on July 1, 2017, and then annually on July 1 until 2022, motorists will be subject to a new gas tax of 2 cents per year, for a total of 12 cents by 2022. All of the revenue is to be separated from the general fund, and deposited into either the State Highway Fund, the State Non-Federal Aid Highway Fund, or the Infrastructure Maintenance Trust Fund. The current rate is 16.75 cents per gallon, which puts the Palmetto state’s gas tax at the second lowest, behind only Alaska, whose state gas tax is 12.25 cents.
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 07 Jun, 2017
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, you get two for the price of one, with responses from two of our lovely lawyers, Sebastian López-Sansón and Rafael Salaberren Dupont, with new member firm, Salaberren & López-Sansón Abogados (SyLS), in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
October 5-8, 2017ILN 2017 European Regional Conference hosted by Cleaver Fulton Rankin
Belfast, Northern Ireland
November 2-5, 2017ILN Regional Conference of the Americas
ILN Events & Webinars
June 20, 2017McDonald Hopkins New SBA Rules and Other Federal Laws Impacting Government Contractors
Online & In-Person (Cleveland)
ILN Partnership Events
September 26-27, 201712th ICC NY Conference on International Arbitration
New York, NY
December 1, 201737th Annual Meeting of the ICC Institute of World Business Law Paris, France
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Week of July 10, 2017 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- ILN Firm of the Month – Ferrari Pedeferri Boni Studio Legale Associato, Italy!
- 5 Ways a Law Firm Network Can Make Your Firm More Successful
- Week of July 3, 2017 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Nine Business Development Tips to Practice on Your Summer Vacation
- Week of June 26, 2017 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Turning Bad Experiences Into Good Client Service
- Week of June 19, 2017 on ILNToday – A Roundup!