Mr McKenzie was injured in a machinery rollover incident on 23 April 2007 during the course of his employment for Vella’s Plant Hire Pty Ltd (“Vella’s”). McKenzie sued Vella’s and achieved a favourable settlement. Vella’s maintained that the entities who engaged it to perform the work during which McKenzie was injured (“the principal contractors”) should bear some responsibility for payment of McKenzie’s damages. Justice McMeekin of the Supreme Court of Queensland was asked to determine the contribution proceedings between Vella’s and the principal contractors. More…
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 01 Apr, 2015
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose one of our newest ILN members, Miriam Machado of KLA - Koury Lopes Advogados in Brazil!
March 24-27, 2016ILN Asia Pacific Regional Meeting hosted by Abe, Wada & Watanabe
June 2-5, 2016ILN 28th Annual Meeting hosted by Davis Malm & D'Agostine Boston, Massachusetts
ILN Partnership Events
December 1-2, 2015Anti-Corruption: Scandinavia Edition Copenhagen Marriott Hotel, Copenhagen
March 8-9, 2016Trade Compliance in the Middle East Dubai
March 17, 2016The Women in Compliance Awards 2016 Crowne Plaza, London
March 17-18, 2016Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Geneva Grand Hotel Kempinski, Geneva
March 29-20, 20164th IP Counsel Exchange Austin, Texas
May 10-11, 20165th IP Counsel Exchange San Jose, California
June 1-2, 20166th IP Counsel Exchange Boston, Massachusetts
September 22, 20167th IP Counsel Exchange Chicago, Illinoisspan>
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- 2 [More] Mistakes that Are Killing Your Content Marketing
- Lead Nurturing Ecosystems – Moving Legal Marketing from an Art to a Science
- Week of November 16, 2015 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- How Baseball is Like Legal Marketing – A Keynote
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Is a 76% Chance of Success Worth It?
- 2 Mistakes that Are Killing Your Content Marketing
- Firm of the Month – Lewis Rice, St. Louis, Missouri!
- What’s Your WOW Factor: Crisis Communications