Mr McKenzie was injured in a machinery rollover incident on 23 April 2007 during the course of his employment for Vella’s Plant Hire Pty Ltd (“Vella’s”). McKenzie sued Vella’s and achieved a favourable settlement. Vella’s maintained that the entities who engaged it to perform the work during which McKenzie was injured (“the principal contractors”) should bear some responsibility for payment of McKenzie’s damages. Justice McMeekin of the Supreme Court of Queensland was asked to determine the contribution proceedings between Vella’s and the principal contractors. More…
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 01 Apr, 2015
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose one of our newest ILN members, Miriam Machado of KLA – Koury Lopes Advogados in Brazil!
October 6-9, 2016ILN European Regional Conference hosted by Jalsovszky Law Firm
November 17-20, 2016ILN Regional Conference of the Americas New Orleans, Louisiana
ILN Events & Webinars
September 27, 2016Shutts & Bowen: Director Liability: Avoiding Risks and Legal Challenges LIVE Webcast
September 28, 2016How to sell your recruitment company for maximum value Fladgate LLP, London, England
September 29, 2016HR Crowd workshop: Changing terms and conditions of employment safely Fladgate LLP, London, England
ILN Partnership Events
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- How Lawyers Can Win at Instagram Stories
- Week of September 19, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Client Feedback – Scary but Necessary
- How Lawyers Can Stand Out from the Competition on Instagram
- Week of September 12, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- ILN Firm of the Month – Jalsovszky Law Firm, Budapest, Hungary!
- Law Firm of the Future: Move it or Lose It
- Week of September 5, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!