Mr McKenzie was injured in a machinery rollover incident on 23 April 2007 during the course of his employment for Vella’s Plant Hire Pty Ltd (“Vella’s”). McKenzie sued Vella’s and achieved a favourable settlement. Vella’s maintained that the entities who engaged it to perform the work during which McKenzie was injured (“the principal contractors”) should bear some responsibility for payment of McKenzie’s damages. Justice McMeekin of the Supreme Court of Queensland was asked to determine the contribution proceedings between Vella’s and the principal contractors. More…
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 01 Apr, 2015
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose one of our newest ILN members, Miriam Machado of KLA - Koury Lopes Advogados in Brazil!
May 4, 2015Intellectual Property Specialty Group Lunch at INTA
San Diego, California
May 28-31, 2015ILN 27th Annual Meeting hosted by EXPLegal Taormina, Sicily, Italy
September 10-13, 2015ILN European Regional Meeting hosted by Miller Samuel LLP Glasgow, Scotland
ILN Partnership Events
TBD 2015Momentum Events' Global Wind Power Congress San Francisco, California
May 6, 2015FT US Healthcare and Life Sciences Conference-Embracing Change, Fostering Growth New York
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Week of April 20, 2015 on ILNToday - A Roundup!
- Creating Natively Digital Brand Experiences - A Recap
- Client Expectations in Today's Marketplace - A Recap
- Two for Tuesdays: Challenges to Content Marketing
- How We Buy What You Sell - and How That's Changing - A Recap
- Week of April 13, 2015 on ILNToday - A Roundup!
- Firm of the Month - Gadens Lawyers, Australia!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Be Amazing
- Outside Firms are More and More Becoming an Extension of In-House Law Departments
- Week of April 6, 2015 on ILNToday - A Roundup!