Mr McKenzie was injured in a machinery rollover incident on 23 April 2007 during the course of his employment for Vella’s Plant Hire Pty Ltd (“Vella’s”). McKenzie sued Vella’s and achieved a favourable settlement. Vella’s maintained that the entities who engaged it to perform the work during which McKenzie was injured (“the principal contractors”) should bear some responsibility for payment of McKenzie’s damages. Justice McMeekin of the Supreme Court of Queensland was asked to determine the contribution proceedings between Vella’s and the principal contractors. More…
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 01 Apr, 2015
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose one of our newest ILN members, Miriam Machado of KLA – Koury Lopes Advogados in Brazil!
October 6-9, 2016ILN European Regional Conference hosted by Jalsovszky Law Firm
November 17-20, 2016ILN Regional Conference of the Americas New Orleans, Louisiana
ILN Partnership Events
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Week of August 22, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- How Lawyers Can Embrace Instagram Stories
- Week of August 15, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- ILN Firm of the Month – Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth – Newport Beach, California!
- Week of August 8, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Are Your Cross-Selling Efforts Stalling? Maybe You’re Doing It Wrong…
- Tune in to (Two) Other Brands for Inspiration
- ILN Member Firms Work Together to Assist Hungarian Commercial Bank