Mr McKenzie was injured in a machinery rollover incident on 23 April 2007 during the course of his employment for Vella’s Plant Hire Pty Ltd (“Vella’s”). McKenzie sued Vella’s and achieved a favourable settlement. Vella’s maintained that the entities who engaged it to perform the work during which McKenzie was injured (“the principal contractors”) should bear some responsibility for payment of McKenzie’s damages. Justice McMeekin of the Supreme Court of Queensland was asked to determine the contribution proceedings between Vella’s and the principal contractors. More…
By Lindsay Griffiths on Wed, 01 Apr, 2015
Welcome to ILN-terviews, a series of profiles of ILN member firm attorneys, designed to give a unique insight into the lawyers who make up our Network. For our latest interview, we chose one of our newest ILN members, Miriam Machado of KLA – Koury Lopes Advogados in Brazil!
November 17-20, 2016ILN Regional Conference of the Americas
New Orleans, Louisiana
February 23-27, 2017ILN Asia Pacific Regional Conference hosted by Sit, Fung, Kwong & Shum Hong Kong, China
ILN Events & Webinars
November 2, 2016Conversations with Leaders: Keeping Pace with Change
In person - Cleveland & Online
ILN Partnership Events
December 1, 20167th IP Counsel Exchange New York
ILN Today Topics
Zen & The Art of Legal NetworkingLatest posts from ILN's Lindsay Griffiths Subscribe to ILN's blog
- Week of October 17, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- How Lawyers Can Win at Instagram Stories
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: The Most Important Question the Candidates aren’t Answering
- ILN Firm of the Month – Cleaver Fulton Rankin, Belfast, Northern Ireland!
- Week of October 10, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Rainmaking Recommendation from Jaimie Field: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
- Week of September 26, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!
- Week of September 19, 2016 on ILNToday – A Roundup!